Friday, March 18, 2011

Jacaranda

Have you heard about "Jacaranda" before? Some of my friends asked why did i name my blog with "White Jacaranda". Well, i always say that it is my favourite flower. Even though i never see it in Malaysia but through my eyes Jacaranda is beautiful.

Jacaranda is a genus of 49 species flowering plants in the family of Bignoniaceae, native to tropical and subtropical region of South America, Central America, Mexico and the Carribean.

The most often seen is the Blue Jacaranda (Jacaranda Mimosifolia). The flowers are produced in conspicuous large panicles, each flower with a five lobed blue to purple blue corolla. However, a few species comes with white flowers, and that is my favourite - "White Jacaranda"

 "Jacaranda Mimosifolia"

"White Jacaranda"

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I want to buy this plant as a graft.Please suggest,....Pm me @ satishkumar_kanumuri@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete